GET READY FOR BATTLE WITH NEW HDS CARBON DISPLAYS
Written By: Lowrance Date: 12.29.16 (All News)
Best Screens Available & High-Performance Processor with Power to Spare
The fish are ready. Are you?
Rig your boat with HDS Carbon and you will be ready — Ready for Battle.
Today, Lowrance® launched HDS Carbon, a new high-performance addition to the HDS Series of fishfinder/chartplotters.
HDS Carbon — which features 12-, 9- and 7-inch models — includes a new high-performance, dual-core processor, multi-touch SolarMAX™ HD display, Dual Channel CHIRP and Network Dual Sounder sonar technology.
HDS Carbon takes processing power to new heights with a dual core processor that allows anglers to switch between applications and simultaneously view independent sonar feeds with ease — smoothly driving high-tech Lowrance technology like StructureScan® 3D with SideScan and DownScan Imaging™, StructureMap™, Broadband Radar™, SiriusXM® Weather Chart Overlay™ and more.
Lowrance SolarMAX™ HD display technology features high-definition views and clear visibility in all conditions with the widest available range of viewing angles. The new displays are engineered to withstand higher temperatures than conventional units, offering better reliability in warmer climates.
HDS Carbon bolsters award-winning Lowrance sonar technology lineup with the addition of Dual Channel CHIRP and Network Dual Sounder. Dual Channel CHIRP enables anglers to view dual range sonar coverage from the same transducer when a dual channel CHIRP sonar transducer is installed on their boat. Network Dual Sounder supplies sonar data from a network of CHIRP transducers, allowing anglers to cover more water in less time and mark fish targets more clearly.
- NEW ultra-bright HDS SolarMAX™ HD displays with greater resolution and a wider range of viewing angles
- NEW high-performance HDS processor for faster redraws and quicker response times
- NEW HDS Dual-Channel CHIRP Sonar – dual sonar-range coverage from the same transducer*
- NEW HDS Network Dual Sounder – cover more water and mark fish targets more clearly from a network of CHIRP sonar transducers
- Multi-touch display interface
- StructureScan® 3D ready
- Built-in CHIRP and Broadband Sounder™
- SmartSteer™ control for Xi5 Trolling Motor and Outboard Pilot
- Radar and SonicHub®2 audio server connectivity
- Wireless and Bluetooth® connectivity
- NMEA 2000® engine support
- Built-in C-MAP charts with a multitude of mapping options (C-MAP, Navionics® and more)
*requires dual-channel CHIRP sonar transducer